JUST DO IT.
A simple upper body weight work-out 3 days per week will make a big difference in your upper body strength.
Take a day in-between to rest muscles. Takes about 10-15 minutes. Put on some music and move.
Upper Body Weight Workout Instructions
Focus on upper body strength and core workout.
Keep your core engaged. Focus on the movement, be precise and fluid, inhale and exhale, don’t hold your breath.Cool down with stretching afterwards. For best results, take your time and complete this workout 3 times per week. Use 1 - 3 pound hand weights, put on some music and have fun!
1. ZIP UP 8 x 2 sets Pilates stance arms hanging in front of you. Inhale and begin pulling your hands up to the center line of your body (in front of the chest) bending your elbows as you go. Exhale and lower arms slowly.
2. CHEST EXPANSION (ARMS BY SIDE STRAIGHT BACK) 8 x 2 Pilates stance arms long by side. Inhale and press palms back, lifting your chest open as you do. Exhale and release back to your side.
3. ARM EXTENSIONS FORWARD/BACK 8 x2 Arms by side bend at elbows keeping arms close to side curl up then return to side and press arm back keeping arm straight.
4 HAVING THE HEAD 8 x 2 Pilates stance with hands held in triangle behind your head, keep shoulders down as you lift. Inhale and press hands upward, exhale and bring hands back behind your head. Use your powerhouse (core) to control your movements.
5. BICEP CURL FRONT and then SIDE 8 x 2 Stand in Pilates stance with arms extended straight out in front of you, your hands made into fists with palms facing ceiling. Inhale and curl wrists and forearms in toward your shoulders. Exhale and uncurl your arms to starting position.
6. GODDESS 8 x 1 With legs about one foot apart in Pilates stance, bring arms up to shoulders and bend elbows. Inhale bring elbows together slowly and exhale release pressing back keeping arms up to shoulders.
7. BUG 8 x 2 Feet parallel and aligned directly beneath your hips. Bend your knees deeply until kneecaps over toes. Fold your upper body forward until your back is straight and allow your arms to hang to either side. Inhale and begin lifting your elbows until the are aligned with shoulders.
Exhale and bring fists back down together.
8. TRICEPS EXTENSIONS 8 x 2 Feet parallel and aligned beneath your hips. Bend knees and drop deeply until kneecaps over toes. Fold upper body down straight, head aligned with spine. Hands into fists palms facing each other, bend elbows tightly into your sides and bring your fists to your shoulders. Inhale and extend arms out straight behind you.
9. BOXING 8 X 2 Legs about one foot apart, Pilates stance. Bring arms up to chest keeping arms close to body. Cross the left arm in front of the chest inhaling for the count of 2 and then right cross exhaling for 2. Cool down slow for 8. Stretch arms to release. Picture by David Muelbauer